The themes of the conference are stated below.
- The development of ideas of law, representative institutions and constitutionalism in the Middle Ages
- The construction, importance, use and mythical status of foundational constitutional documents
- The global reach and influence of the English model of Parliaments and constitutionalism
- The construction and development of Parliaments from the Middle Ages onwards
- Parliaments and their role in state formation and state building in all states and periods
- The history and historiography of Parliaments, and their place in political culture
- Round tables on various approaches to parliamentary history: oral history, prosopography and collective biography and digitised parliamentary sources.
To see the final programme click here.